Steam Sterilizer or autoclave Steam sterilization is a wet-heat process, and the low water content of oils result in sterilization being effectively based on dry heat rather than wet, requiring significantly higher holding times. Sterilizer uses saturated steam at 121–132 °C. Steam sterilization has many advantages. It is a simple, rapid, effective, safe, environment-friendly and low-cost sterilization method.
Important feature of our range of vertical autoclaves is meeting all relevant guidelines and standards such as NABH standards. Additionally, we also provide IQ / OQ / PQ calibration documentation on demand with extra cost. These systems are fully customizable and provided with large scope of customization to meet individual budget. We can provide with vertical autoclave number of optional accessories such as temperature chart recorder, digital temperature indicator, PID Controller and provision to attach a dot matrix printer.
Types of Steam Sterilizers
- Sliding Door Horizontal Steam Sterilizer
- Horizontal Cylindrical Sterilizer
- Horizontal Rectangular Sterilizer
- Double Walled Vertical Autoclave
- Triple Walled Vertical Autoclave
Exclusive Features of Steam Sterilizer
- Stainless steel interior
- Digital temperature indicator
- Digital temperature Controller
- ISI marked flange / immersion heating elements.
- Up to 121°C temperature range
- Silicone rubber gasket
- Automatic pressure control switch
- Stainless steel basket
- Reliable steam pressure gauges
- Double or triple walled construction
- Pedal for lid opening.
- Water level indicator
- Water inlet & outlet valves
Working Principle of Steam Sterilizer
Steam Sterilization principle is centered around exposing items to steam contact for a specified amount of time and under specified temperature conditions. Steam sterilization is typically used in hospitals for sterilizing the surfaces of wrapped goods or hollow items, and contains three important parameters: Temperature, steam under pressure and time.
The process is conducted by supplying dry, saturated steam under pressure into an autoclave. The heat from the condensation of steam envelops the items in the sterilizer and kills the microorganisms in an easy and fast manner. It does so by irreversibly damaging the cells by coagulation.
Process Operation of Steam Sterilizer
- Place the Autoclave and sterilizing material on the table or on the shelf.
- Make ready load which you want to sterilize.
- Twist the lid of the autoclave Anticlockwise and lift the lid.
- Fill water (appx. 1 liter) in the base chamber.
- Place the loaded Basket/Dressing Drum in the autoclave.
- Check that the rubber seal is in place and is in good condition.
- Put on the lid, press it down and turn it clockwise until it does not turn anymore.
- The sterilizer in the closed position will have both handles parallel and one above the other on either side.
- After few minutes steam will start generating and at 15±2 lb psi pressure the steam will come out strongly from the stopcock.
- Let the process go on and after 15minutes turn off the power and lift or pull out the Stopcock whistle/valve of the vent tube with forceps or piece of cloth.
- The whole steam will escape but it will be hot.
- Make sure that there is no steam left in the sterilizer and pressure gauge is also at Zero lb psi.
- Now open the autoclave lid by twisting it anticlockwise and lift the lid off the base chamber.
- Remove the rack/dressing drum from the autoclave and preserve them in a safe place.
- Remove all the water from the base chamber and close the autoclave by putting the lid on it clockwise.
- Put the stopcock whistle/valve back on the vent tube for next sterilization.
Technical Specification of Steam Sterilizer
|Construction||Standard Model||Double Walled Model||Triple Walled Model|
|MOC Exterior||MS Painted||SS 304 (mirror finish)||SS 304 mirror finish)|
|No. of walls||Double||Double||Triple|
|Lid||Polished MS||SS 304||SS 304|
|Interior||SS 304 with silicon gasket|
|Working Pressure||15 to 20 PSI|
|Working Temperature||121°C to 125°C|
|Controller||15 PSI & 121°C|
|Pressure display||Analog dial gauge.|
|Hydraulic tested||Hydraulically Tested up to 40 psi.|
|Basket||Stainless steel basket||Stainless steel basket||Not Required|
|Power supply||220 Volts, Single Phase, 50Hz|
* Power voltage can be adjusted as per customer’s domestic power voltage requirements.
* Rights of technical improvements & modification reserved.
* Illustrations & dimensions are shown for information purpose only.