Paste Kettle (starch paste kettle) including tilting paste kettle is designed for paste preparation. Starch Paste Kettle confirms to cGMP norms and comprises of a jacketed hemispherical bowl with all necessary steam accessories. Design principle of this kettle is the jacket for passing steam in order to melt down the product to make paste. This kettle has a unique tilting arrangement for discharging the product.
Tilting paste kettle is designed for ointment, cream and paste preparation. It has a universal application resulting in uniform melting. This tank is designed to meet missing needs of wider range of products under varied operating conditions in chemicals, Foods, Cosmetics and Pharmaceutical Industry. Our range of Jacketed paste kettle from 10 liters small paste kettle to 250 liters industrial paste kettle. Due to its application of working with starch it is also called as starch melting machine or starch mixing machine.
PASTE KETTLE VIDEO
Design of Paste Kettle
Paste Kettle uses for preparation of starch-based paste. Hemispherical shape container ensures that the heating of the starch paste is uniform and cover more surface area. The tilting type arrangement ensures ease in unloading the paste in another container or vessel. The starch is put in the kettle and water is added to it till desired thickness of paste is achieved. The kettle is jacketed and is heated till the starch melts and a thick paste is achieved. This paste can be agitated either manually or with the help of an anchor type agitator which will constantly agitate the paste so that there will be no lumps formation. Temperature can be set to desired degree by adjusting the thermostat provided and the temperature can be seen in the dial thermometer provided. Jacket can be designed for different working temperature requirements.
Exclusive Features of Paste Kettle
- Compact GMP Model.
- All contact part made of Stainless Steel 316 materials.
- Hemispherical design for proper mixing paste.
- Jacket provided with steam/thermic fluid heating arrangement.
- Motor and gear box assembly mounted on top side, so no hindrance to machine operation.
- Tilting arrangement for kettle is provided for discharge for starch paste.
- Insulation provided to jacket in order to avoid heat loss.
- Anchor type impeller design for proper mixing of paste.
- Available in Size from 10 liters to 250 liters.
- Bottom discharge with flush bottom ball valve hence no chance of residual paste.
- Mechanical tilting with hand wheel arrangement in standard model.
- Motorized drive or hydraulic tilting mechanism can be offered optionally.
- Special design Teflon scrappers for homogenous mixing of paste.
- Agitator can be detach easily for cleaning and sterilization.
Construction of Paste Kettle
Starch Paste Kettle structure is made out of SS 304 rectangular pipes of 2/3 mm thickness. Structure built on resting type framework where no foundation requires. Kettle design is hemispherical type bowl with steam / oil / water heating jacket. The kettle and jacket both manufactured from 2 / 2.5 mm thick SS 304 sheet. Design of the jacket varies based upon heating media opted. Kettle having worm type arrangement for tilting operated by handwheel. Temperature controller and indicator provided for temperature measurement and display. Glass / Mineral wool insulation provided with 1 / 1.5mm SS cover to prevent heat loss and operator’s safety. Kettle having 180 grit matt polish on outer surfaces and 220 grit mirror/pharma finish from inside. If required, then complete equipment will 220 grit polish can be offered.
Working Principle of Paste Kettle
Paste Kettle is made from suitable gauge stainless steel material. Machine structure is made of thick stainless steel 304 angles. Top cover of the kettle is loose lid type. So now we look into process operation of the paste kettle. Below is step-by-step process guide of paste kettle machine:
- Open the top loose lid cover and load the starch into container.
- Pour other preservatives or emulsifiers into starch as per product type requirements.
- Material loaded should be filled up to level of anchor stirrer blade only. Excess filling of material may result in overflowing it from the container.
- Close the loose lid of container.
- Provide steam to the jacket (in case of steam heated model) or fill thermic fluid in the jacket (in case of thermic oil heated model).
- Now start the heaters to achieve designed temperature. Set the desired temperature in temperature controller.
- Once you achieve desired temperature then start stirrer of the equipment from the control panel.
- Adjust speed of the stirrer through VFD port onto control panel.
- Switch off heating as & when required as per product type requirements.
- Keep process ongoing for 15 to 30 minutes batch time depends upon product type.
- Once process get finish lift the stirrer assembly by rotating hand wheel.
- Now place storage container below kettle and rotate kettle container by hand wheel to receive finished paste.
Technical Specification of Paste Kettle
|Gross Volume approx.||50 Liters||100 Liters||150 Liters||200 Liters|
|Working Volume approx.||37 Liters||75 Liters||110 Liters||150 Liters|
|Stand||Pillar type||Pillar type||Pillar type||Pillar type|
|Agitator Design||Anchor Stirrer||Anchor Stirrer||Anchor Stirrer||Anchor Stirrer|
|Tilting Arrangement||Hand wheel type||Hand wheel type||Hand wheel type||Hand wheel type|
|Motor Power||1 H. P.||1.5 H. P.||1.5 H. P.||2 H. P.|
|Power Voltage||415 V, 3 Ph., 50 Hz.||415 V, 3 Ph., 50 Hz.||415 V, 3 Ph., 50 Hz.||415 V, 3 Ph., 50 Hz.|
|Blades RPM||24 RPM||24 RPM||24 RPM||24 RPM|
|Jacket Nozzles||¾” BSP||¾” BSP||¾” BSP||¾” BSP|
|Net Weight||250 kgs. approx.||275 kgs. approx.||300 kgs. approx.||325 kgs. approx.|
* Power voltage can be adjusted as per customer’s domestic power voltage requirements.
* Rights of technical improvements & modification reserved.
* Illustrations & dimensions are shown for information purpose only.